Travel Style Log: Lisbon

Hey squaddies, as I mentioned in the last blog post, I was visiting Lisbon for my friend's wedding so sightseeing was a secondary part of the trip. For those of you who are planning to visit Lisbon, I have curated my recommendations for some of the spots I just loved during my stay. Scroll down to see my vacay style, some cool sights and of course WIW (what I wore) to the wedding!

THE LOOK: 'Les Touriste Rebelle'
LOCATION: Marquis of Pombal Square
TRAVEL LOG: Having just arrived to Lisbon, I found that the best way to explore the city was by foot, and making time to explore walking around the steep, winding, cobbled streets. These streets led me to finding the most amazing sunset spot and an aptly named restaurant called 'The Decadente' where I enjoyed a delicious tuna steak with a side of potatoes and chorizo, accompanied by a fabulous full bodied wine. Dessert was followed by a gorgeous glass of port... and then maybe another glass!
STYLE NOTES: I made my strapless dress look more casual and edgy by styling it with a t-shirt and trainers. Outfit details - Dress: Jack and Jones | T-shirt - Kenzo x H&M | Trainers: New Balance
THE LOOK: 'Sweet Summer Loving'
LOCATION: Quinta de Sant'Ana
TRAVEL LOG: The celebration schedule kicked off with a pre wedding party which was a day of moreish wine tasting along the vineyards of the Quinta, a wedding venue which produces its own wines! My favourite was a rich and robust vintage red wine! I enjoyed the scenic and pretty green views of the vineyards and we were treated to a delicious meaty barbecue style feast after the tasting.
STYLE NOTES: This floral, vintage style flowy number was just perfect for the occasion as it was a beautiful summer's day. Outfit details - Dress: Endless Summers QA | Sandals: Topshop | Sunglasses: H&M
 THE LOOK: 'The Wedding Day Rebelle'
LOCATION: Quinta de Sant'Ana
TRAVEL LOG: The wedding day itself took place in one of the beautiful vineyards. It was an amazing day and some of the highlights included a very fashionable wedding party with a stunning bride who wore flower garlands in her hair. We danced and ate and danced some more, all while taking in the picturesque setting and meeting the most international mix of wedding guests!
STYLE NOTES: The dress was a gift from my love on my birthday last year and as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to save it for a very special occasion! I kept the shoes and clutch relatively simple because I wanted the dress to stand out! Outfit details - Dress - Self Portrait | Shoes: Rupert Sanderson | Clutch: BCBG
 THE LOOK: 'The Wanderer'
LOCATION: Tram 28 tramline and Rua Augusta Arch
TRAVEL LOG A visit to the world famous tramline is a must see - it is interesting to see the windy rail tracks on the road as you are walking around the inner city. The original trams from the 1930's still run along the winding tracks, it was definitely one the most traditional looking trams I have ever seen! #oldschool
STYLE NOTES: This cute two piece was ordered online before my holidays because I thought it was so versatile and lightweight whilst travelling and sightseeing.  Outfit details - Two piece: Romwe | Hat, Sunglasses & Mules: H&M | Handbag: Reserved
 THE LOOK: 'Paint the Town Raspberry'
LOCATION: Cantinho Do Avillez
TRAVEL LOG: After reading about the renowned chef Jose Avillez, a visit to one of his many restaurants called Cantinho do Avillez did not disappoint. I would recommend it to anyone visiting Lisbon for trying modern Portuguese bistro style food. The restaurant was located nearby a string of bars and nearby I found some picturesque views of the city before the sunset.
STYLE NOTES: This skirt is one of my favourite pieces from the H&M x Balmain collaboration which just paired very well with this cutesy floral blouse to create that perfect date night look. Disclaimer: I wore heels first and then changed to flats so I could walk around the cobbled streets! Outfit details - Top: Topshop | Skirt: H&M x Balmain | Sandals: Sigerson Morrison
THE LOOK: 'Sweet Explorer'
LOCATION: Amorino Gelato & Lisbon City
TRAVEL LOG: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, well GELATO of course! I just HAD to try the most fashionable ice cream whilst walking around in 35 degrees of heat right?!
STYLE NOTES: This dress is pink denim heaven and was just so versatile to pair up with a sun hat and sneakers! Outfit details - Dress: picked up in a London boutique | Hat & Sunglasses: H&M | Sneakers: New Balance | Socks: Aldo
 
THE LOOK: 'Dame Traveller'
LOCATION: Pizzaria Lisboa & Barrio Alto
TRAVEL LOG: When you love something, do it often! As Chef Jose did not disappoint previously, a dinner at one of his other restaurants, Pizzaria Lisboa was a must! The pizza was just perfection on a plate and as it was my last meal in Lisbon I was really glad it was somewhere I would recommend to anyone. Located in Barrio Alto, the trendiest and most exciting area to go out at night with bars and clubs open until the early morning!
STYLE NOTES: This off shoulder polka number has been a summer favourite! Outfit - Scarf: Ralph Lauren | Dress: Shein | Clutch: Oysho | Shoes: Stradivarius




Comments

  1. Do you ever NOT look fabulous?? I loved the vibe in Lisbon when I visited! There's a small city you can visit with this castle that has secrets walls an stuff, I can't remember the name. But you should find it!!

    www.stylebymemory.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. UtarloAra-go Karen Walls Crack
    tiateloki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment